Here is an overview of a class led by colorist Tom Dispenza for Cosmetologists Chicago on 4/1/13:
– Eye color is an indication of how hair will lighten.
– A clarifying shampoo prior to color service will aid in gray coverage near the hairline and temples.
– Using neutrals in red formulations are unnecessary and can actually add unwanted violet tones to the final product.
– Hair grows an average length of six inches per year.
– As we age our hairs internal structure changes. In fact, as our hair ages, it grows more and more likely to contain a hallow core called a medula. The medula is what makes most gray hair appear more stiff and “wirey”. Very interestingly, the medula is also the material that makes up a porcupines needles (quills).